Friday, January 25, 2008

Goblin Conspiracy

Goblin Conspiracy by Loralee1 can be found at http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3347249/1/Goblin_Conspiracy

Independent Harry, AU, General fic

Goblin Conspiracy is an Independent AU Harry Potter Fic. The summer after Harry's 5th year a solicitor shows up at the Dursley's to discuss Sirius's will and his wishes for Harry. After convincing the Dursley's to sign emancipation papers Harry is swept away to Gringott's where he finds the solicitor is a goblin in disguise and they are offering him an alliance. Harry gets training from the goblins and finds a bit of independence in his quest to rid the wizarding world of the dark lord.

While I greatly enjoy many of the cliched Independent Harry stories this doesn't have many of the typical plots. He doesn't have superpowers or every talent known to wizards and while he does have an alliance with the goblins they don't treat him as if he is their best friend, have their undying respect, or any of the other usual goblins love harry plots. There is no Dumbledore is evil or manipulative ranting and angst. While Dumbledore isn't an angel in this fic it's not the typical plots I have been seeing. It's a well written fic with a very decent plot and held my interest until the end. It's a good story for when your in the mood for a lighter read.

If you like independent Harry but want a break from the usual cliche pick up this for a good read. I added it to my favorites to read again myself.

I would rate this a 7 out of 10. It's well written. I didn't see any glaring spelling or grammar mistakes. (Keep in mind I don't look for those. If they pop out or are bad enough they interfere with the read I'll let you know. I have stopped reading stories when the mistakes were so bad I couldn't appreciate the story) The plot was interesting and easy to follow. I was able to feel for the characters and laughed, frowned, clapped at the appropriate places as a good read should make you feel. The plot tied up nice and clean at the end. Overall it was a well written story that I will read again and keep in my favorites and one that is suitable for most ages as well. Loralee1 is a talented writer who I will have to read more of.

No comments:

 
My Zimbio
KudoSurf Me!